All SAS Institute Exams
About SAS Institute Certifications
SAS Institute is a reputable organization offering services and products that help companies in data management, programming, or analytics. Apart from helping companies transform their data into intelligence, this organization also offers a broad certification program that enables specialists to upgrade their skills in data intelligence management and administration.
Details of SAS Institute Certification Program
All in all, the individuals can access the following designations from the SAS Institute:
- The category focusing on developing programming skills comprises, for instance, the SAS Certified Professional: Advanced Programming Using SAS 9.4 designation, etc.
- The section dedicated to the advanced analytics level includes various validations such as the SAS Certified Data Scientist designation and more.
- The certification level dedicated to visual analytics includes the SAS Certified Specialist: Visual Business Analytics 7.5/8.3, etc. qualifications.
- The candidates who want to become skilled in data management can access, for example, the SAS Certified Data Integration Developer for SAS 9 and the like certificates.
- The administration threshold consists of such certificates as the SAS Certified Platform Administrator for SAS 9, and so on.
- The applicants who want to focus on learning about JMP features can opt for the JMP Certified Specialist: Design and Analysis of Experiments Using JMP 15, etc. endorsements.
- The type of certification from Partners includes the SAS Certified Deployment and Implementation Specialist for SAS Grid Manager 9.4 together with other certificates that focus on Visual Analytics architecture.
Now that you know this, let us focus on two top-notch SAS Institute certifications.
SAS Certified Platform Administrator for SAS 9 Designation
The candidates interested in earning such a certificate want to consolidate their knowledge of operating servers and check their status. Also, the target audience usually has expertise in administering logging and monitoring server activity. Plus, the specialists who target this endorsement want to develop capabilities in adding users and monitoring their access, as well as establishing connectivity to data sources. Note that this qualification can be obtained by those candidates who pass the A00-250 evaluation, and it is delivered via the Pearson VUE platform. Also, the exam-takers will have to respond to 65 multiple-choice inquiries, and they need to get a score of 66% to earn the targeted certificate. In addition, the examinees should find the correct answers to these questions during 110 minutes and pay the registration fee of $180.
Topics Tested for A00-250
When you start preparing for such an evaluation, you should check its blueprint carefully. Based on the information included in it, you will discover that you need to develop the following skills:
- Understanding how to update the SAS software and securing the platform’s configuration process;
- Becoming an expert in troubleshooting, monitoring, and logging into SAS servers as well as identifying their functionalities and most important properties;
- Learning how to perform backup activities when managing the SAS environment and being effective in restoring metadata;
- Managing connection profiles, becoming an expert in user administration, and managing internal SAS accounts;
- Updating table metadata, troubleshooting problems related to data access, and registering tables & libraries in the metadata;
- Determining the outcome that the authorization decisions can have on metadata as well as creating & using the Access Control Templates features.
SAS Certified Statistical Business Analyst Using SAS 9: Regression and Modeling Certificate
This designation targets the candidates who have expertise in using the STAT or SAS software features. Also, they can perform complex data analyses and interpret the results. Besides, the target audience should be experienced in doing variance analysis as well as performing regression that is both linear and logistic. As a rule, the candidates who want to earn this certificate know how to prepare different types of inputs to manage predictive models as well as are skilled in model performance measurement. Keep in mind that such a certificate that focuses on validating the modeling and regression skills requires applicants to pass one exam coded A00-240. In the actual test, the candidates will need to find the right answers to 68% of a total of 60 short-answer and multiple-choice inquiries. Plus, the test-takers will receive two hours to find the correct answer to these questions and get the minimum passing score. Finally, the registration process should be done on the Pearson VUE platform, and the enrollment tax for such an evaluation is $180.
Topics Tested in A00-240
The candidates who would like to get the passing score in this certification exam should demonstrate a solid knowledge of the following topics:
- Using ANOVA features to evaluate the effects derived from treatments and analyzing the interactions that appear between factors;
- Managing different types of linear regression models and performing model selection;
- Accomplishing logistic regression activities and interpreting the results;
- Preparing inputs and identifying the challenges that might appear when assessing the performance of the predictive model;
- Validating & measuring the model performance as well as interpreting and creating graphs.
When you succeed in getting SAS Institute certified, you will become a valuable potential candidate for international organizations. In particular, you will benefit from generous annual payments and bonuses if you apply for roles, such as:
- Data Scientist with Artificial Intelligence;
- Machine Learning Engineer.
According to the information available on Payscale.com, a Data Scientist with Artificial Intelligence skills can earn an annual payment of $114k. Besides, if you want to become a Machine Learning Engineer, then you can get a compensation of $113k per year as stated by the same salary provider.
As for the succeeding certification path, the following qualification after obtaining the SAS Certified Platform Administrator for SAS 9 certificate is the SAS Certified Specialist: Administration of SAS Viya 3.5. Also, if you want to continue your certification path in advanced analytics, once you become an expert in Regression and Modeling, you can continue with the SAS Certified Professional: AI & Machine Learning certificate.